DBT Skills Group
Online DBT Skills Group
Our Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills group is a weekly group facilitated by experienced therapists in a class-like format. The group teaches skills across four main topics: mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness. This group is ideal for those who struggle with intense emotions, maintaining relationships, or feel that they lack the skills to navigate distressing situations. The group setting allows for peer support and feedback throughout the 12 weeks.
If you are struggling with the following our DBT Skills group can help:
- Borderline Personality Disorder or BPD traits.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Depression and/or anxiety.
- Eating Disorders.
- Mood Disorders.
- Maladaptive and Addictive Behaviors.
- Feeling like your emotions are out of control.
- Frequent ups and downs in your relationships.
- Problems with conflict in your relationship.
Course Modules - You will learn:
- Weeks 1-2 Mindfulness – You will learn the skills to reduce stress, stay present, and deal more effectively with reality.
- Weeks 3-4 Distress Tolerance – These skills help you to manage crisis situations without making them worse and to be able to accept painful things in your life that you cannot change.
- Weeks 5-8 Emotion Regulation – You will learn to understand your emotions, what they do for you, how to influence and shift unwanted emotions and how to create more positive emotions in your life.
- Weeks 9-12 Interpersonal Effectiveness – These skills offer more effective means of communicating, understanding how to have healthy relationships and end destructive relationships, and also how to balance acceptance and change in your relationships.
What to expect in DBT Skills Group:
- You will be learning new skills every week in an educational setting.
- You are not expected to do a lot of personal sharing. All sharing should be linked back to your use of skills in between group sessions.
- There is homework assigned each week. Homework is designed to help you further your understanding of the skills taught that week and helps you to practice what you are learning.
- Participation is expected during homework review. The more you choose to participate by asking questions and contributing to discussion questions in group, the better learning experience you will have.
- Each session starts with a short mindfulness exercise.
* DBT Skills group is not a support or processing group. It is a teaching group to help you learn and practice new skills and tools to use in everyday life.
*Groups are hosted online with our secure platform JaneApp. Group leaders use a combination of lecture, discussion, and practice to teach the skills. This course requires a 12 week commitment. There are no refunds and no drop in rates.
- Every Tuesday
- Nov 28th – Feb 20th
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm MST
- $900 – 12 weeks
- $75 per week
- 24 hours of skill based learning at $37.50/hr
- Payment in full at enrollment.
- 12 maximum
Participants will receive an invoice for payment and an attendance slip that may be used for insurance purposes. Participants are responsible to verify if they have coverage, how much coverage they are entitled and if the facilitators credentials are covered.
We will offer a full refund 5 days before the start of the group. Once the group has started we do not offer any refunds. You are paying for the series regardless of attendance. We provide pre-screening with the facilitator prior to the start date to address any limitations or barriers that could hinder your ability to attend.
This group is paid up front in its entirety so there will be no partial refunds for classes that are missed. Participants are paying for the series and not the individual classes. Insurance may only pay for attending classes. Despite this insurance restriction, there are no refunds for missed classes. It is highly encouraged you make every effort to attend as there will be a large amount of material covered in a single class.
This DBT skills group is limited for adults 18 years and older.
No this is not a processing group and the discussions will be around application of skills. While participation during homework review is highly recommended, you get to choose how much you want to participate and share about yourself.